Saturday, April 6, 2013

Brownies zero and a broken tiro......

I met up with Dawid yesterday to do a spot of
fishing with the targets being wild brown trout.

So we set out along the river and began to fish
with small plugs and spinners on our lrf setups

About an 2hrs or so in and I heard a shout from
Dawid......a big salmon had taken his lure and
was leading him on a right merry dance around the
river going on run after run and man was his drag
singing. He landed the fish and what a magnificent fish
it was too especially on a LRF setup!!




A properly awesome bonus fish of 90 or so centimeters in length

After a bit of resuscitation the fish swam away lovely and strong , great to see.


So back to the fishing it was a bright day and the fish were far and few between
another while later
I connected with but dropped a little trout and after that Dawid had a lovely wild
rainbow trout another bonus!!!




We kept on working along the river and then disaster , crack there goes the tip
of my much loved Tiro!!!!


Absolute nightmare and with no spare rod and being on the bank of a river in the
middle of nowhere I was not a happy chappy.


Anyway we continued to fish with the one rod taking turns fishing but apart from dropping another
salmon which I watched engulf my lure and I still dont understand how I didnt hook it there was
nothing else to report.

I hope you enjoyed the read and hopefully I should have a new tip for my Tiro next time
I post


Tight lines,

Jay.


5 comments:

  1. Unlucky on the rod bud. You might get the rub of the green on the next trip, what a bonus fish for your mate though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Conor fine silver fish just holding up in the river waiting on a flood so it can leave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still catching them in Mayo. Hope the rain comes soon!

    ReplyDelete