Sunday, August 26, 2012

My 1st flounder.....

After setting myself a target of a flounder on a lure earlier in the year
and after trying variuos marks that I know hold them but failing to find
them I hatched a plan with David of Eastcoastfishing  to meet up on
Friday last to see if I could finally pick up what i had been looking for.

I woke on friday to what has become the norm.... torrential rain!!
but a quick text to David and he said to come up anyway it was
still nice and clear that the rain hadn't made it up that far yet.

So I met up with him and after a bit of a chat and going over the
technique and lures he uses for flounder we began to fish.
After about 15 mins he got the first fish only for it to spit the hook
and it wasnt long after that I finally achieved my long term goal
my first ever flounder on a lure




not the biggest fish by any means but a fish all the same.

Shortly after David also picked up a nice sized fish



He headed off to work and I fished on for another while but with the rain getting progressively
heavier and showing no signs of stopping i was forced to call it a day


needless to say I didnt mind at all and I left for home one very happy angler.

Tight lines

Jay

3 comments:

  1. Always pleasing to get a first, well done bud. Some weather this year...

    Cheers
    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sure is Martin thanks very much. I'm not even going to start about the weather

    ReplyDelete