Sunday, August 12, 2012

a bit of new gear...


After some debate i decided to change the reel I was using with my Tiro
the 3000 Theory is a great reel and I didnt have any problem with it but
after continuous use I found that it was just not balancing the rod as well
as I wanted it to so I decided to change.
I took a spin to Absolute fishing and got myself a nice shiny Daiwa Ballistic
3000SH which is a 2500 size with the spool capacity of a 3000 it balances the
rod perfectly

While I was there Cian told me there was a new supply of Costa's in and I had to take a look
wish I hadn't as I now also own a pair of those


and what a great piece of kit they are. Up until now I had mostly been using other polarised lense
sunglasses but the difference these make is incredible. I can see into the water more clearly and sharply
than I have ever been able to before. They really are superb.

I also recently recieved some Ecogear lures in the post and since I hadnt seen these lures
before now dont ask me why...I have to say they just look fantastic but its all very well looking
good I had to see how they fish.....

First up the Mebaru Shokunin in the strawtail version which are specifically designed for the Japanese
rockfish called ''Mebaru''
I had a few different colours in this range and also some of the ecogearaqua range of strawtails
So I decided on a mark and went there armed only with the Shokunin and strawtails




These lures have really odd smell kind of like a burned smell strange...anyhow I rigged one colour after
another texas style and nothing not a touch.




It wasnt until I rigged up the light smoke gold colour that I was into my first fish a nice feisty little ballan



I moved to another little gully and cast in and slowly retrieved tight to the bottom or at least as best I
conditions were far from perfect with a steady easterly picking up and a good size swell making life difficult
to keep in touch with the lure but even so it wasnt long until i picked up another nice wrasse



Had another few fish on this lure which stood up to the teeth on these guys I only used 2 for the session







A short but sweet 3hr session but enjoyable all the same great to get to use and catch on something that I had never used before.

Tight Lines

Jay

4 comments:

  1. Nice new kit! Some great looking fish, what cone heads do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent you a message on facebook mate with the links to where i get those coneheads from

      Jay

      Delete
  2. Some nice Wrasse there Jay, just dipped my toe in the water with this yesterday.

    See you had some retail therapy as well. The Costa's will be a good buy, had mine since 2001 and still nearly perfect.

    Cheers
    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Martin I love the wrasse on the lrf gear they go like mad on it and nothing like a bit of retail therapy to brighten up your day...

    ReplyDelete