Sunday, July 1, 2012

Last session of June...

Well what can i say about June only that thank god its over
it really has been an unseasonably poor month weather wise with
hardly a break in between bad weather systems which have coloured
up alot of marks and made them full of that dreaded green weed the stuff
that sticks to everything ''weedless'' or otherwise.

So I went to Absolute Fishing to see what goodies Cian had down had down
that way after spending a few hours talking about fishing and having the craic 
I eventually decided on my new rod but thats for another post.


I decided to head back to Wexford to catch the last of the tide and the light 
conditions werent ideal the water still had that nice blue colour but was very 
milky but surprisingly clean 
I started of as i do lately with my trusty pugachev cobra but no joy so
I switched over to a big hammer paddle in chartreuse and within a few casts 
had a nice little fish on 




I fished on for another bit chopping and changing between various lures with a couple of
touches but nothing solid until I changed to what is fast becoming my new favourite hard
lure the megabass zonk gataride hi pitch it seems to be able to winkle out fish in 
what are lately tough conditions 





Another bass just over 3lb in weight. I fished on for another while and took a few pollock 
but no more bass unfortunately.


So thats it for June heres hoping that July dramatically improves and we get some stable 
weather systems moving over us.


Tight lines 


Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment