Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sorting out gear .....


I havent had a chance to do any fishing lately with work
but i have however had a chance to sort through my lrf gear
which it badly needed.
towards the end of last year i had found myself with an ever increasing
amount of lures etc.. and alot of the time i put them in the bag i was
using because it had plenty of room.
I then had another problem other lures became overlooked for new ones
and so on....
I went on the net looking for a small waist bag to stop my indecisive nature
of i'll use that or maybe i'll need this.. I eventually found it in the form of
a meiho versus vsb6010


Its a perfect size for any lrf gear i might want one main pocket for a lure box and bits box , a pliers pouch
and a few other pockets for leader, spare spools etc...

I had also had a problem with storing hooks and other bits and pieces for lrf with the
gear being so small i had found it difficult to find a box that kept all the gear in one place
without it mixing and crossing compartments. I solved this by getting myself a

meiho vs388d a simple lovely piece of kit a total of 16 compartments and still a nice neat size




I got both the box and bag from Mr Fish in Jersey whom I rang had a chat told him what I was looking
for and he suggested these exactly what i would expect from a tackle store 

I also picked up a new pair of gloves Snowbee SFT neoprenes 


Exactly what i have been looking for thin, lightweight and waterproof just have to see how they hold
up over the coming months but for 10euro they are well worth it

I see that Inland Fisheries Ireland have produced a new sign which makes it clear to anybody 
that is angling for bass that they are a protected species and at least now the sign
is in 6 languages so anglers whether they are foreign or local  have no excuse for keeping an undersized fish
or over the daily limit 

Anyway thats all from me for now hopefully next time 
I'll have been out for a few fish 

Tight lines

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment