Monday, October 17, 2011

Midnight bass....


This is a follow up from my previous post
I ventured back out to the same mark but
this time at low water just before midnight
the moon was high in the sky and full it was
almost as bright as day.
There was another angler there Marty from
belfast we had a chat and decided to go out onto
the sandbanks and give it a go
there wasnt much room to fish so we took it in turns
fishing into the current bouncing the sp along
we fished for around 3hrs with no bites then
a fish smashed my 7.5'' sluggo and ran like hell
it put up a really good fight and was eventually landed a
decent fish of just about 4lb in weight, Marty was good enough
to take a photo


that was it for the night until next time

tight lines

Jay

3 comments:

  1. Nice fish. I am finally getting round to planning my trip down and i reckon it will be within the next few weeks - all being well!

    Would be good if it suits and your still up for it to get out for a fish?

    These slug go lures really seem to be doing the business! I'm about to order another pack except this time in 6 inch Arkansas shiner and some sakura jig heads.

    Ohh yeah, and cracker fish lad, well done . . . I have to stop signing in, every time I do I just get more and more jealous!

    But on a serious note, well done, you obviously know your stuff - respect!

    Keep in touch,

    Tight lines

    Steve N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay, well done mate. Cracking fish!

    Any chance you can get me some names for local B&B's at all please mate? Am not promising anything but would be handy to know should the opportunity arise to get over there thanks.

    Cheers, Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merecido ese robalo,algo es algo,enhorabuena y suerte en la prosima jornada.Un Abrazo.

    ReplyDelete