Tuesday, July 12, 2011

pollock, bass and a sore hand

Went out late the other night to try out a 
mark i had fished before but never at night 
and for the start of the rise as opposed to the end
of the tide when i normally fished it for the first hour or 
there was nothing stirring at all and then just as night fell
the pollock started to come and hit hard off the top
and i must have had 15 and my mate had at least 
20 with a maria chase. 
I was using my lure of the month the ''pugachev cobra'' 
again and once again it worked for me with a nice
4lb bass hitting the lure on the 2nd cast





























That was it for bass but i could see fish turning in the water
and one good fish maybe 8-9lb  glided by me right at my feet

The next time i go down i will be trying for some lrf pollock
as they seem to be of good size maybe up to 3lb.

On another note i stupidly slipped with a feed shallow in my hand
the other night and stuck it right through the palm of my hand 





























a bad picture i know i pushed the hook through and went for my pliers
as this was one of the few lures i hadnt de-barbed , my pliers were
nowhere to be found and i had to pull the hook back through barb and all
not that nice i can tell you


Tight lines,


Jay














No comments:

Post a Comment