Friday, April 29, 2011

Wrasse-tastic

Went to a local mark this morning to try for a
bass a couple of follows with the feed shallow but
no takes spent about an hour fishing or so.
I spent the rest of the morning talking about fishing
and kayaking to another bass enthusiast John Griffin
who runs http://www.irishkayakangling.com/ a very
good site for anyone who has an interest in or is looking
to get in this side of fishing.
Anyway after some lunch and a bit of crack, I decided to head
on to another mark to try for some wrasse and I wanted to test out
some new braid ''Rovex Viros'' that Cian down in tramore
http://absolutefishingireland.blogspot.com/ had reccomended
to me and i must say,
I cant fault this braid it certaintly didnt let me down today
lovely casting and great knot strength. Spent two hours
fishing at this mark on a falling tide and had two lovely
ballan wrasse one was bang on 2lb and the other was
3lb 8oz on the boga
Both gave a great scrap the bigger of the two really
gave the drag on the reel a good going over they were both caught
on a texas rigged moroko xlayer.
Both fish were landed after two good fights and both went back
alive and well.
I missed a good few other wrasse just purely from either striking too
early or maybe the fish was just playing with the lure
picking it up by the tail and dropping it again.
I'll apologise in advance for the quality of the photos i had my camera
but it was dead so i had to use my phone.

Ballan Wrasse 3lb 8oz




Fine set of gnashers


2lb Ballan Wrasse












tight lines,

Jay

1 comment:

  1. Some lovely fish there mate, got to love Hard rock fish techniques and the fish it lands i haven't used hard plastics in an age and caught a dam site more fish as a result.
    Good skills mate

    ReplyDelete